1. Still want to write a book. Still not sure what the book will be about. But who knows maybe my blog posts will lead me there.
2. Want to own my own business. But I’m still indecisive what kind. So this dream is on temporary hold.
3. For a few minutes I was a little concerned about the evil Sys-Con article (see posted items) about me, but then with the outpouring of support from my friend (duh!) and random people! I am not concerned. Because I’ll be able to bury the story in a few days. And everyone else just thinks it is pretty funny that they were so immature. And I would have been disappointed with myself I didn’t stand up to that chauvinist guy.
4. For better or worse I am not intimidated by people. Job title, social status, income, size, whatever. Some people mistake this as not being respectful, but in reality as long as you are polite to me, I’ll respect you.
5. At work (and other places too) I absolutely hate when people interrupt me and expect me to drop everything am doing, in mid-thought. So they ask their 15-30 minute question. Yeah this is really annoying. I’ll get snippy with you.
6. People think I am patient. That’s a lie. If you are annoying I just ignore you or zone out. I probably shouldn’t admit that.
7. Everyone knows I talk fast. This has nothing to do with nervousness. I have many thought floating around I need to get out. In middle school one of my teachers thought this was a speech impediment, and referred me to the speech therapist. The therapist said, your speech is fine, just fast. Don’t worry (not like I did). I think that my fast taking is really a test for new English speakers to get a crash course in American English. If you can understand me, you can pretty much understand anyone else. ;)
8. People mistakenly think I am really nice. This isn’t really all that true. I do nice things for people. If I like you (or am indifferent). The rest of the time my niceness is self-serving.
9. People mistake smiling for niceness. I agree with Randi. There is no relationship there. Smiling can also be selfish or just a space filler :P
10. I could do without romance movies and emotional dramas. not really interested.